Monday, September 26, 2011

Pacquiao should improve his right jab vs Marquez

I think another big factor for Manny Pacquiao is improve his right jab as one of his main weapons in his upcoming fight against Juan Manuel Marquez. The Pacquiao vs Marquez 3 fight will happen on November 12, at MGM Grand. Pacquiao should make some small adjustment in his fighting style to be able to counter Marquez effectively. This is what I observed when I watch the replay of two previous fights of Pacquiao and Marquez that Pacquiao though Marquez doesn't have a good jab. That’s a wrong notion. I think that was a mistake. Coach Roach should change his style a little and will continue to
change it during their training.

Everybody should know that Marquez is a good jabber. He is one of the best jabbers in boxing today, in fact. When I watch the replays I noticed Pacquiao was favoring his left like what he did in his first two fights against Marquez, to use his right more and be more effective.

I think Manny Pacquiao the welterweight champion, will win convincingly this time. Their first fight in 2004 ended in a controversial draw while the pound-for-pound king won a split decision in their rematch four years later. Manny fought heavier, bigger opponents after that split decision victory in the second fight. He’s stronger, faster and more mature now. So I think he can win convincingly against Marquez this time.

For Marquez well I guess, he also fought several times after that. But his last fight was against a good fighters. ANd for me he hardly learned anything from that fight. Pacquiao’s sparring session with Jorge Linares with the two going four rounds. Aside from sparring and the mitts, Pacquiao will continue to build his stamina with regular runs.

Pacquiao vs Marquez 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright 2011: Pacquiao vs Marquez 3